View Single Post
      09-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #272
kepowers
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Microphone wiring question

Hey Guys - sorry to reopen an old thread but I have a question I wanted to rack your brains with. I've installed the bluetooth retrofit flawlessly thanks to the help of this great forum - except for one hiccup. My microphone isn't working.

I did see that there are instructions to rewire the audio junction box located behind the glove-box near the fuse compartment (thanks to jimk and jreich). Before attempting this swap, I double checked the microphone connection in the FZD, and noticed that the two wires leading to the microphone are clearly brown and black. This seems to be unique from everyone else's setup, as the instructions provided describe moving yellow and black microphone pins - so I am doubtful this will work.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Do you think this could be due to the fact that my car came with the bmw ipod usb connection (lf6) which also contains a bluetooth module? I wonder if the microphone isn't wired to the ipod lf6 module......

Just to confirm - I have also tried a new microphone to rule out a potential mic problem.

Thanks
Appreciate 0