03-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
Hi Chris

I've read the same as you but the most common solution appears to be repairing the DSC Hydro Unit (the mechanical pump rather than the electrical module). There is a common issue in that a pressure detector fails which causes the warning lights. I have had this problem since January and the warning lights occasionally disappear. When the lights are on the ABS is definitely inoperative. When the lights are off - the ABS works. I have ordered an INPA cable to check the codes.

If it does prove to be the Hydro Unit then the repair kit for my part number is £800. Other almost identical part on 3 and 1 series are around£140.

If it proves to be the Hydo unit I plan to have it repaired by Bbareman or ECU Testing or suchlike.

I would just like to know 100% whether the hydro dsc unit is the cause.
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0