View Single Post
      09-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

DIY-Door panel and outside mirror (updated)

I was playing with the trim this weekend and decided to go ahead and remove the door panel and the outside mirror. I will not be held responsible for problem that you have if you attempt this process. Use this as a reference and as a guide. What I discovered is that when you remove the door trim, you will need to replace the rectangular clip because the edge of the clip will be torn. So keep that in mind before you dive into the process.

To remove the trim, start out with the front part of the trim, see my pics with the yellow circle. Don't start off with the other end because it has a hook on the other end. Use a screw driver and get behind the trim (becareful not to tear your leather). Use the screw driver to create a big enough gap so you can get your fingers behind it and pull the trim straight out. Do not pull the trim out at an angle or you will break ther trim or break the pin behind it. In my pic, I have placed tape where there is a clip behind it to give you idea where they are located. This process is very tough and sometime you feel like you might break the trim. If you feel uncomfortable, I would not try it.
Attached Images

Last edited by txusa03; 09-20-2006 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0