View Single Post
      02-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #20
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Just installed our first production (non beta) unit in a customer car yesterday:

Totally stock 6MT on 91oct 1st 3 runs on the baseline map. No tuning. This car doesn't even have an exhaust on it. Compared to the cars running our beta system, tested under identical conditions, we're seeing ~20lbft torque improvements with a broader, smoother power curve. This car is running the same hardware/software as our exhaust-equipped car that is now putting down 340whp/390lbft on 91oct and 356whp/405lbft on 93oct.

We haven't tested the speed limiter defeat feature yet as I haven't had the nerve to do any 150+mph blasts down the road. Waiting for a 130mph limited non-Sport equipped car to show up.

Starting now, we're going to start sending out at the rate of 20 units/week. The first 20 are going to the dyno day folks in Texas and in LA. The reason I can only ship 20 right now is because I only have 20 harnesses ready to go. We had to make some changes in the design to accommodate the new hardware changes. I expect to have more of the necessary components towards the end of next week which means we can ship another 20 units out then. And then 20-30 per week until we're caught up. So we should all be caught up with orders within 5 weeks. How do you know if you're about to get yours, you ask? Your cc will be charged the balance just before we start putting together your kit. As for the order of shipping, first priority always goes to dyno day folks and then, after that, in order of sales date.

Regard,
shiv
That's great news, Shiv. btw -Since I was part of the S. FL Xede Install/Dyno Group, I know I'm paid in full...two questions:

1. How will I know when you've shipped the final version Xede out to me?
2. Will it have printed instructions and/or a DIY Video along with it for easy uninstall of the original Xede unit and a reinstall of the new Xede unit?

Thanks.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0