View Single Post
      01-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #20
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
Have you ever taken any auto detailing or auto paint courses? Just curious.

I would not be giving advise if I did not stand by it.
I'm just speaking from MY experience as you are yours.

I do always hand wash my cars and apply a coat of wax every couple of months or so.

I used to wash my car every weekend such as yourselves when i got my new RSX back in 2001. Like a fanatic i bought all new wool wash mitts, sponges, and buckets. Anyway after 6 months i noticed the car didn't have the same shine to it as it used to. this was caused not just from swirl marks, but the clear coat as a whole just looked duller. I also always used a sponge for the wheels and exhaust and the wool mitt for the rest of the car as not to rub dirt particles into the finish. it would shine when wax was applied, but i don't have the time to be waxing my car every weekend. so anyway fate would have it that the car was deamed a lemon because of the airbag sensors malfunctioning, and so ever since I never wash my car more than once every three weeks unless, you know theres a date involved or something. Three years later and the finish shines just as day one when washed, even when i haven't waxed it in a couple months. this is just my experience, i also have a silver car so i'm not very anal about washing it due to the fact it hides dirt well.

Appreciate 0