View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #21
betaruce
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

thanks for your sharing fun2drive

want to clarify. Do you mean this is the likely reason why pre-LCI E9x DSC module/pump fail easily? and I heard this problem does not appear in newer E9x because BMW correct this problem?

so you DIY repair your own module with reference to a youtube video? do you mind share it here?

thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
As an update to anyone reading this I have discovered that the main problem with our units is the Bosch electric motor brushes fouling the brush holder causing the brushes to not be positioned correctly and causing a slower rpm which throws the code. It is still possible your electronic module is toast but this problem is the most likely case. I read a youtube DIY and did my own it for no cost but Modulemasters.com will repair the brushes and holder and never jam again. At the time of this writing they were quoting 100-150 bucks. Be sure to talk to a technician not the office staff as the office staff told me they don't do that work but the technician I talked to told me what they do to repair it.
Essentially this youtube video shows how the repair is done. Modulemasters actually does this in a much more professional manner with brushes and holders that will not get jammed with graphite material.
I am not associated with modulemasters in anyway but they can save you huge sums of money if you or your indy pull the unit which you can see is not that hard.
Hope this helps
Appreciate 0