irq5
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Smile Update: 31-01-2011

Hi Guys

Again, apologies for the fact that this is taking so long. As I posted earlier, I went through to the guys place this morning and he was apparently away repairing a power stations cooling pipes - another one of his businesses - which put everything in the CF department on hold.

He apparently only returned on Saturday, but was glad to see me because he says that he also wants to get this thing done - I think mostly because I haven't paid him for anything yet...

So we chatted again to confirm the changes that I spoke to him about in December and he said that he will have a revised pattern ready on Wednesday. So I'm going to go through there again on Wednesday morning just like I did today. I'm no longer going to try manage this over the phone or via email as it just doesn't seem to work.

Anyway - if all goes well, we should be able to pull a mould and have a prototype component ready by this time next week. Hold thumbs for me!

Then I want to get him started on a quad version immediately to satisfy the actual greater demand for a quad than for the stock. I can't promise anything but now that the bulk of the work is done I immagine it should take a much shorter time to get a mould out. On that note, does anyone have an idea on the size of the apperature and positioning for the quad tips? I've done some research and can't find a definitive answer - any pointers would be helpful...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0