View Single Post
      01-08-2024, 05:41 PM   #382
leedawg
Registered
Rep
Drives: e39 M5, E36 M3, E3 3.0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR OHNOZ View Post
I was reading earlier threads on dealing with deleting the dpf/egr/def pump/scr tanks, pulling fuses, adding thermoresisters to the wiring?, etc. So, is it now to the point where someone can just remove the scr pump, hoses, and tank; just bag up the attached electrical connections and sensors. Then get a tune that makes the ecu run without all the deleted stuff. If this is the case, that is great news. If not, how are folks getting around tricking the ECU. Thanks in advance.
Correct you can just simply tune it out and then unplug/remove whatever you want and its as if the car was made without it no problems.

Quote:
Guys, thanks for the replies and help. So, I suppose I'm looking for a tuner to work with. Who do you guys like. Again thanks. By the way I've started on removing the DEF tanks and assoc. pumping; per your guidance. Everything done per deletes, almost ready to fire it up just need the remap.
I went with the malone tune bought their flashzilla programer and its super nice to just read your ECU file upload it and then boom they create a tune for the car and you just simply flash it to your cars ECU. I did not want to have to pull my ECU and mail it off to get tuned then wait for it to come back. Plus can flash back to stock file anytime you wish and turn on and off options that you orderd. Its prett nice. That being said it is a stock tune so not custom persay to your uinque vehicle. For me though this was good enough and I am finding the performance to be spectacular.
Next level would be obviously taking the car in and having it on a dyno and having a tuner custom map it for my area and the car itself.

Quote:
Sorry, new member and very very late to the post. But this might help someone. It happened to me with my project 2011 335d. Closed the trunk with the battery removed. It locked, no way to open it. Luckily, my son is good at reading wiring schematics and he opened the trunk latch by putting current to the right pin(s) in the connector to the ecu. Sorry, not sure which ones. The trunk latch clicked open, and I was impressed.
Why not just unlock the door with the key and power up the car through the accessory power jack and then open the trunk that way? Or open the hood and put power to the postive post and the frame and power the car up that way?
Appreciate 0