View Single Post
      01-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #24
Mauricio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, MT, SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Leatherette is more durable in my opinion. I had an E46 with leather and after my 3 year lease was up, there were many scratches on the leather. Especially one really large one on the backseat. But I'm also an architect/contractor and sometimes have to take my car to the construction sites and drive other people and construction workers sometimes. One day, one of the guys had a tool belt on and, what I'm assuming was a screwdriver of the hammers claw, scratched the leather when he got in or out of the car. So I guess it depends on your use of the car.

With the leatherette in my E90, I don't have to worry about it. In fact, the other day my girlfriend left a bottle of laundry detergent laying down on my back seat and it spilled out making a puddle overnight. When I noticed it in the morning, I just soaked it up with a paper towel and wiped it with a wet rag and it didn't even leave a mark. I'm sure if that was leather, it would have swelled because it's porous and who knows how it would look.
Appreciate 0