01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsyalex View Post
Agreed. People need to understand that RWD is not "better" than AWD nor does it take more "skill" to drive. It's just that the learning curve is different for each. At the end of the day, the lap times speak for themselves.
Yes. They speak for themselves: The fastest cars around most tracks are RWD, driven by skilled pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
People in Audii and Subarus are usually the first people in the ditch in inclement weather. I nearly got clobbered by an EVO in Atlanta last year when I was driving my M Coupe (to sell it) in the snow, he was going sideways at about 90 through heavy traffic doing about 45. He ended up going into the median and hitting a barrier, fortunately he didn't hit any cars or appear to hurt himself.

It always amazes me to see folks with awd or 4wd trying to outdrive the conditions. It seems like a fairly universal thing, even in Germany, I was always amazed at the awd crowd trying to go faster than the flow of the Autobahn in heavy rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
LOL, so true. They think that AWD will defy the laws of adhesion. Not noly that, but they are usually terrible drivers!
+1

In bad weather conditions, like rain you drive slower or in snow you put winter tires. An X5 M with its 20" summer tires is not better off than an M3 with proper winter tires. And if you want AWD for being faster than other in bad weather conditions you are no better than the douchbag street drifting/racing and puting other innocent to danger.

Last edited by BMW269; 01-28-2013 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0