View Single Post
      09-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #41
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

I know wrong forum... but this is the best DIY up so far.

Any details on the 535i install? I'm trying to route my serial->USB cable up for my procede...

I removed the ECU quickly just to have a peek, nothing. there's a "perfect" looking ovular hole in the passenger-side-most back panel of the ECU box, but I tried routing the USB cable back there, even a wire coat hanger... and I can't find it poking through anywhere behind the glovebox.

One issue though, I'm not sure if I need to remove the panel below the glove box, (I reached up behind it, with what I could feel... and couldn't feel the coat hanger poking through anyways.) On the 535i the rear of the glove box can be removed, to expose a bunch of fuses and little holes in the plastic covered by the firewall. Do you actually need to remove the panel below the glovebox on the 535i?

I tried to... I got at 4 screws, but there is a AC power outlet down there (who would have thought????) and that (at least, maybe more points as well) seem to be preventing me from removing the panel to have a better look.

Anyone with 535i experience routing the Serial->USB cable from the ECU box to the Glovebox?
Appreciate 0