View Single Post
      03-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #18
birdbrain
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
There's nothing in that thread about theft or being investigated for fraud. There is a lot of arguing over the different readings from different dynos. Dynos do read differently, and will vary depending on the weather.

That said, there could be something going on, but it's too hard to speculate when you don't have enough data. I think it's too early to be making posts like this and starting a shit storm of rumors.

I personally met up with someone with the same car as me who got the gintani tune at OE on OE's dyno. We met at a completely different dyno shop, and had both our cars dyno'd on a dynojet. His car made a significant amount of power more than mine, and the dynojet also read significantly higher than what his dyno at OE read.

It's quite possible, that OE's dyno calibration is off, and reads lower than it should. But when you dyno tune, you are looking for gains over a baseline, not a peak number, unless you just want to brag.

Furthermore, the N52 supercharger has little to do with OE, and is being handled by Craven/Gavin @ MMW. It's completely ignorant and foolish to bring Gavin into this mess, and make a claim that he is running a scam. It's these kinds of words that lead to libel and slander lawsuits, so you might want to rethink your statements. If there are more threads about this, you need to post them, because just the one you linked doesn't have enough information to back up your statements

I have no affiliation with OE, and was actually planning on getting the AA tune. But to make these sorts of accusations prematurely is pretty stupid.
Clearly you have no concept of the law as this is as far away from what libel or slander is that you can get. The entire concept of libel and slander is that it is a proven false statement made up to cause harm to another financially/emotionally or personally. Posting a picture of their own dyno graph that they posted on the internet with someones calculations added up and posted is purely factual as is the link provided to this. Since Gavin has used OE tunes and such then its also reasonable to atleast question the tunes he has been selling. This is all information provided by OE so they cannot obviously slander themselves. Again the information has to be knowingly false with intent to injure someone. Not with intent to educate with factual statements/data.

Keep reading up on the law though
Appreciate 0