View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
I agree, but then again, you can thank the Europeans and the Japanese for breaking the cycle of every-model-year facelifts if not complete revisions. Look at American cars of the 50's and 60's - two or three year life cycles with serious interior and exterior facelifts in between. When you look at it from that perspective, a six or seven year run with one minor facelift in the middle looks reasonable.

Personally I don't care if my car is the latest body style, but I do care that it looks good and well maintained. I give more props to the guy DD'ing a 30 year old car that looks like a 3 year old car than the guy that is driving a brand new car...
We're often people who don't appreciate what we have...like a job. I have seen a whole lot of people get canned at work. Why? Bonuses coming up and co. does not want to continue to pay these folks what they've been getting. Ooops, no new 7 series this year like the year before.

The new 3 has much better technology than a 2007'ish E92. But the way it drives is simply awful. Pay more, throw money away, and at the end of the day, have a car that doesn't drive that well, now that's a slam dunk.
Appreciate 0