kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac01 View Post
Taibanl,
My sub is in a custom enclosure with the sub facing away from the backseat. I'm still confused on the Kaigoss mod is that the thread you sent me Kaigoss ?
They are two separate mods. The one I sent you will give you more midbass, at least with normal midbass woofers, not sure if SWS-8 is capable of good midbass though...definitely try it!

The other mod ("kaigoss" mod) is completely different. Basically, you need to configure the MS-8 without a sub, and let the midbass play all the way down to 20Hz. Then, you split the sub signal from the midbass signal externally with the help of your amp crossovers. So the MS-8 is sending 20 - 150Hz to your midbass amp, then split the signal at the amp if you are using the same amp for mid-bass and sub. If not, you can use the line-out from your mid-bass amp and connect it to your sub amp. If that is not an option, use RCA y-splitters.