12-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #69
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Still calling him a cheat?? Oh that's right, you're back hiding behind a screen.
Actually everything I said here, I said to him personally.

Furthermore, I think you should get with the program and realize that racing is racing. When someone thinks someone else isn't fully disclosing everything, and calls them out for a full inspection, there is nothing personal involved. I did this all the time when I was the Tech Steward for US Touring Car a couple years back. And I thought no less of people who bent (or even blatantly broke) the rules. In fact, I was usually impressed with their creativity. I still had a drink when them after the race. And there were never any hard feelings after the fact.

In the case of e90post.com drag racing, there aren't even any rules to begin with. And even if hotrod's car was inpected and caught running nitrous, it wouldn't make him any more of a cheat than the others who run race gas maps and say they are running pump gas. Or rip out the interior when say that the car is full weight. This is just the nature of competition. And it doesn't make someone any less of a human being.

Good poker players aren't bad people. They are just good poker players

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0