View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #16
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
There's no denying, the Sony is one of the sexiest packages out there. I don't need one, but I still want one. I have a friend that uses one with his old Leica lenses. Talk about cool and sexy. It's an incredible package with the wide lenses.

I'd caution to guard against being drawn to a sleek package that doesn't meet your objectives. I think that I recall you saying that you wanted to do some nature and wildlife shooting. If that's important, then this camera does not fill that bill, unless you add the EVF. With the EVF, then I think it could work very well. It might not be quite as slick as an SLR in that regard, but it'd be great for everything else.

Dave

Nature and Wildlife wont be a huge concern. Basically the Mrs has given the go ahead on a good camera, so I'm taking the opportunity and running with it.

So it really has to be a bit of an all rounder in the respect, as she will want to use it too.

I think the NEX-5N is going to fit the bill, and if anything it will bridge the gap for me just now between Point-and-Shoot and the DSLR camera's.

I'm sure that this will be perfectly suitable for pics in NY, and seeing family down in PA. Hopefully I'll have mastered a few of the settings prior to my trip.
Appreciate 0