makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegeezer View Post
Up front -
1. Hertz HSK163 - 3 Way Components(custom card builds)
Are you planning to run them active or going to use it with their cross overs?
As that make a difference to what amp you choose?

Quote:
2. iPad Mini as entertainment centre (moving HU to boot) - Custom motorized mount.
Very interesting. I thought about fitting ipad mini in E90 few months ago, but the amount of work, modification and hassel put me off.

So are you going to run ipad ---> bit one.
What method are you going to use? aux in, or BT?
or any other way?

Quote:
What are your thoughts on this system and the amp choices. Are there any I've overlooked.
So I am assuming that HU in the rear is just for updates.
Have you thought about radio? On ipad, you may not get the radio unless you go for 3G version and use internet radio.

Quote:
Are there any I've overlooked. I'm a little apprehensive of the Bit Ten, it sounds like it does an amazing job and will certainly enhance any sound of the ipad, but is it absolutely necessary.
If you read its manual, it states again and again that you will be inviting noise in the system if its not installed with care (gains and all that stuff).

Quote:
Anyway, thanks advance for any advice/critisism, it's all appreciated.
Some other points:

-Another route / possible method

Replace your HU with 80PRS. You will have built in DSP and time allignment.
That saves you from buying Audison bit 10. Also 80PRS comes with the ability of auto time allighnment and auto equiliser. So all that time which you will spend on manual tweaking will be done by the HU for you.
Lastly, reduced chances of noise which can come from audison bit one.

And install mini ipad at the top of HU (see other threads). When needed stream the music over BT.

So even if you forget your mini ipad at home, you will have music from SD card, usb stick, radio & cd.

-Your sub and amp seems spot on.

- 3 inch mids are going to door cards and 6.5 inch mid bass drivers going under seats. Is that what is your plan?

Looking forward to see your installation.