View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #448
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Hi All,
New to Forum, just thought I would add my story to this....

Took my 335i M Sport con(58 plate) in for MOT on Monday, was advised, cracked rear alloy and all 4 Bridgestone runflats were "delaminating" due to under inflation, was told bill would be £1954.00....... As you can imagine 'one' was very shocked at this as car only done 20k....

Dealer has carried out test on alloy and has replaced under warranty, only after I went in the next day and mentioned the fact that I have done some research!... ie this forum and it seems that this is very widespread problem......

Dealer was Vines - redhill so I would suggest if you having problems with your local dealer changing alloys under warranty, go there, I gotta say they were very good.....

I have purchased a set of Pirelli(sp) run flats to go back on car..... £900.00 all 4 from Kwik Fit(they wanted £1600.00)

I will be keeping the Bridgestones so I can contact them as I feel these tyres were not fit for purpose...

I am more than willing to join any campaign against BMW or Bridgestone as this is a major issue an we all need to stick together on this, someone is gonna die due to this issue.....

Plus the fact that I have lost £20,000 on a car I brought 2 years ago, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

Feels better I got that off my chest.... lol

Rufnek.....
Appreciate 0