/ / / M
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d Manual

Garage List
2006 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-danGT View Post
Took my car in today and got not alot from bmw as expected.

1) misfire at idle after a hard drive. No fault found.
2) engine coolant temperature too low, coolant temp is at 96.5c to which I said I only ever get 80c on a run so your doing that static! So no wounder, he said well that's the test so it's passed. Nice one!
3) hand brake cables stuff in the cold, again no fault but temp has risen slightly from when it happened more frequent.
4) battery low efficiency, the current discharge is 61% and has been as low as 51% over the last 4 days. Battery needs a good charge, so they are doing that over night. I don't think they have tested the battery just checked discharge with battery sensor.

So to conclude bmw are as useful as ever, first bmw I have bought and to be honest will possibly be my last. Not impressed with service at all. Unless something goes wrong and I'm impressed with the standard again!
I can sympathise with the misfire/hand brake cables as intermittent faults are a nightmare for me also(work for Mercedes hgv) but the battery and coolant temp not impressed. I will do thermostat myself now it's only £40 so will just do it. As for the battery I have decided to wait until it goes flat and call bmw assist, that way he can see it flat and diagnose it for me.

Last point I got a mini for a courtesy car! From a saloon 330d! That was a kick in the nuts! Not even a cooper s which might have made it better lol
painfull...
Appreciate 0