12-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
OSK77
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Question BMW Performance Brake Kit for 135i fitment on 335i?

I was planning to replace the front and rear brakes on my E90 335i in April, '11. My original plan was to purchase a non-OEM set of parts from Bavauto.com/Bavarian Autosport in the US. For front and rear slotted/cross-drilled Ultimate rotors along with Cool Carbon brake pads, I am looking at approx. $1000. This price DOES NOT include brake calipers and would assume I use the stock calipers. That's option 1 until I recently visited BMW Mississauga and checked up on prices/compatibility of BMW Performance parts.

Apparently, the BMW Mississauga Parts associate told me that the BMW Performance OEM brake kit from the 135i will work on the 335i. The Canadian retail price for the 135i Brake Kit was obviously stupid at $3500. I checked on Ticher/getbmwparts.com and the 135i Performance Brake kit (see pix below) is worth only $1000!?! Rotors, pads, front and rear along with the 6 piston calipers - the whole damn kit! Quite a steal compared to having to continue using the OEM calipers with option 1. Plus as one starts shopping in the 19" rim category, having the OEM brake set up is just an eye sore.

One thing I have found on the forum is the caliper for the 135i is fixed whereas the 335i has a floating design. @Kol also mentions below there is a 10 MM difference in rotor size btw. the stock 135i rotor (smaller) and the 335i stock rotor (larger). Questions, questions!

So my question is: anyone out there who has actually done this upgrade help validate whether the BMW Performance Brake kit for the 135i will properly fit my 335i without any issues? If there are issues, please outline what I will need to forecast.

My current summer set up is the factory staggered set up on OEM 162's and winter set up is 225/45R/17 all around.

Many thanks!

Along with Cool Carbon brake pads...

135i BMW Performance Brake Complete Kit - see description

135i BMW Performance Brake Kit - Blown up image

07' E90 335i | COBB STAGE 2+ TUNED | COBB DOWNPIPES | COBB FMIC | COBB CHARGE PIPE | BMS DCI | ACCESSPORT V3 | RB PCV VALVE UPGRADE | MONACO BLUE | DAKOTA BLACK | ZSP | ZPP | NAV | MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTS ON BEYERN MESH

Last edited by OSK77; 12-02-2010 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0