05-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #43
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
As a Police Officer, I'm just going to mention a few things.

1. He pulled you over for tint. A small violation, we cops usually don't care. When we pull over for things like this, we're fishing. A lot of times small violations can lead to big ones. So although he pulled you over for tint, he was probably more interested in seeing if there was anything illegal in the car you might have wanted to hide behind said tint, or if your registration was expired or whatever the case may be.

2. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that if you had cooperated completely and rolled up the window like he asked, he would have just given you a warning, a fix-it ticket, or just left you alone completely. In this case, I'm sure he wrote you the ticket solely because you were being uncooperative. He'll write in his notes everything you did as well and the judge will receive a copy of the notes.

3. Yes, we're all just doing our job with things like this. Do we like enforcing some of the more petty laws? Not really. But if we let people get away with small things, eventually it'll lead to bigger issues. Just sayin'. Also, quotas are illegal and no department anywhere has quotas. If you notice an influx in stops, it's either because they're looking for certain violations, or there's just an influx in stupidity.

This one is on you. I'd pay your ticket and move on.
Appreciate 5