04-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
What kind of work are you looking to get done? Performance? Cosmetics? Wheels/tires? Combinations of the above?

I use Bay Custom Auto in newport news for body/cosmetic stuff. I've been getting my performance work done at All Aspects Motorsports in chesapeake fpr the last 5 years. He tries to avoid working on bmw's, but he's been doing work on my cars for a while so it's never a problem. You should definitely give him a call, he might refer you to another shop that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

If you don't mind not ordering your own parts, millenium autosports in portsmouth does a lot of good work on more high end cars. I don't use them because of my above-mentioned hookup and the fact that I'm always looking for a deal so I always order my own parts (the sponsors on this site are pretty good with deals for members). But regardless, millenium is pretty well known 'round these parts.

For electronics and such, GO-HO audio (there's a location in nearly every 757 city) has been the best shop around here since I was in high school.

Hope that helps.

IMPORTANT EDIT!: The name of the shop I was looking for was DP Motorwerks out in va beach. They do super impressive work. I've heard nothing but great things about them. That'd be my top recommendation for you. http://dpmotorwerks.com/about.html
thanks for the great info TheAcAvenger

yeah i had an Sti before i got my 335i...so i'm pretty familiar with Kienan and All Aspects...he kicks ass on subies!!!
i also had a friend that worked at millienium for a while...don't think he works there anymore though.

i will definitely check out DP Motorwerks...never heard of them. i'm finishing up my coilover install today(did the fronts yesterday), so i'll need an alignment. i used to take all of my previous cars to Bert's Alignment, the guy Mike over there always did an awesome job. Are there any other places you can recommend for getting a quality alignment??
Appreciate 0