07-15-2006, 03:41 AM   #34
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG_2006325i_KG
yeah we'll we are about to split and we have a 19month old.....sure we'll def remain good friends but in the love dept, there is just nothing there. We "eloped" in Vegas after meeting 8 months earlier....long story short is that her fam was moving and we did want the L/D relationship so we figured what the hell let's give it a shot.....we both realize that its not working and we have agreed on who is getting what and splitting the son every two weeks....I know I will probably get bashed for this, but would you rather raise a son in two seperate happy households or one miserable one?

Like the other member said, we're not here to judge you. It does seem as though you entered into a marriage hastily, but there is a child involved now.
Do you truly believe that you're putting the child first? Broken homes are too commonplace nowadays, and rarely do such situations benefit the child. Maybe the problems in your relationship are brought forth because of selfishness, ego, lack of communication and/or compromise from both parties. What efforts have been enacted by you and your wife to attempt to salvage the relationship (..i.e...marriage counseling, church counseling - if you are religious -, self-help literature, etc.)? In today's society, it is apparent that the first instinct in many relationships/marriages is to bail out. Where is the sense of devotion and accountability? Why do so many people have problems dealing with the root issues within the relationship?
Appreciate 0