bluefly
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i + NB miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toE90 View Post
I think it should flow with the lines of the bumper
At the end of the day it's a different style so why try to imitate the real diffuser that is short.
Just follow the lines and it will look like it belongs
Agree with this. It should extend the width of the "groove" in the stock bumper... right now it is "jumping the track" too soon and as a result doesn't look right. Fins etc. are nice-to-haves (for those that want a more aggressive look) but the basic profile and dimensions needs to be right first or else fins etc. will only make it look "rice".

I know you said that shipping is a concern if the part is too long but I think I speak for at least a few others on here when I say that this is not going to be "throwaway spare change" as far as cost goes, so if it doesn't look right by following the OEM bumper cutouts (on pre-LCI first, then on LCI as well if you tackle that model), would be better off putting the money towards an Mtech replica bumper instead.

Not trying to be negatively critical, as I am a supporter of options for the OEM rear bumper, but if a new product is to be offered and you are seeking input from the community, let's try to get it right.
Appreciate 0