View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Check your tire pressure!!

I had a nail in the tire this weekend and took it to America's Tire to get it fixed for free since I bought my Michelin Super Sports there.

I told them to put 38/40 psi front rear.

After driving the car for another day, I realized damn, the car feels a bit rock hard for some reason, even on the freeway. Almost worse than run flats. I took it to Santa Monica today with my girlfriend and sure enough with poor roads there, something was off about my tires/car.

Pulled into a gas station for air and bust out my tire gauge. Guess what, my fucken tires are at 50psi rear, 48 psi front left, and 38 psi front right.

I dropped the pressure and now it rides smooth.

Those guys fucked up royally. It's strange because I was watching them through the window as they used an electronic tire pump to put air in it. You set the number digitally and then it pumps air into it until the desired PSI is reached. No mechanical gauge.

To make matters worse, they worked very fast because there was 2 guys working on my car, one on each side with different pumps.

I also compared my tire gauge pen that I got from America's Tire as well as the gas station pump's mechanical gauge. I found that the tire gauge pen was fairly accurate!!

YEAH, OKAY, COOL STORY BRO!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0