06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #173
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Well... It seems I have stepped into the middle of a war. There's a little bit of antagonism between Powerchip and Gintani to say the least. Powerchip believes I have taken sides in the matter. I want to make it clear to everyone here that this is NOT the case. I am an honest person, I do honest work, and I’m not out to destroy anyone’s reputation. I took me a while to save $1500+ to get this done. I wanted to do this conversion not just for me but for everyone here. My car was originally tuned by Powerchip in October of 2009 and in April of 2010 I decided to go with another tuner. I was completely hung out to dry and when I contacted powerchip, I was responded to with contempt. I was willing to spend more money with Powerchip to have the problem that they caused in the first place fixed.

I called Active Autowerk and a GIAC vendor to see my options. I finally found a tuner who was willing to help me. I got the tune done and it yielded more power as well as fixed my throttle response problem. The day before I went, I found out the Jeremy, the new tuner, was the one who originally tuned my car at Powerchip. I will not go into the details of Jeremy's reasons for leaving Powerchip because I don't know the details and I don't care to know. It's neither my problem nor my business.

Because Powerchip has not helped me solve my issues, I requested a refund. In my past dealings, I had been very respectful and cooperative in my emails, but this time I let my emotions get the best of me and was rather aggresive in my message to Powerchip. I was asked to reveal very specific details about my new tune, such as the location, the first and last name of the person who hooked up equipment to my car, weather I paid cash or credit, and my address. After I refused to give out the information, I was threatened (albeit subtly), with legal action. I’m not sure why as I have done nothing illegal. The person I was talking to (who will remain anonymous) has a personal problem with Jeremy and was trying to drag me into it. I really don’t want to get involved in any personal desputes. I would never have gone with another tune if I hadn't been ignored and treated with contempt.

While I will probably never do business again with Powerchip, the person I was talking to in not representative of the rest of the company. Matt, who runs Powerchip USA in socal, stepped in and offered to help. He's a customer oriented employee and want to see a good outcome of all this, but he has his hands tied because the person with which I had been dealing in my emails is involved. I'm not posting this message to be inflammatory or vindictive. I believe my experience with Powerchip is unique and is not fully representative of their reputation. I want to share my experience because this is what happens when you tune your car. I'm not the first person to experience these types of problems and I will certainly not be the last. There's not really much you can do about it other than be persistent and hold back your emotions.

This conversion project, however, is far from dead. I will be working with Jeremy to finalize the tune. Thank you all for your continuing support and knowledge. I could not have accomplished what I have so far without this community.
Damn, sounds like you've gone thru a lot of trouble with those guys to try to work it out. I dont know if a lot of us has that sort of patience with a vendor that doesnt want to hold up their end....fwiw, great work, and thx for showing us this could be done!

COOOOOLD BLOODED!
Appreciate 0