View Single Post
      02-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
The1: We think alike. We never NEEDED dvd's, but once we tried them, we shot the VHS out the window!

As for the ISO, I cranked it up until I got proper exposure (even pushed it a little too far), but I was getting blurry results; even if the exposure was ok. The culprit is the aperture; which was too low because of the focal. Even when opening up, (and trying to crop in post-process), it still lacks in the sharpness department. The crappy 55-300 4.5/5.6 doesnt help at all when you have to get past the 200mm focal lenght. I'm kinda trying to do telephoto with a zoom lens; doesnt work very well.

I have a D800 on order and i'm planning on keeping my D7000; so that'll give me the better of the two worlds; really. Those two will complete each other (with proper glass) pretty well I think.

The D7000 is supposed to perform well under those conditions. So I'll try and rent that lens to see if it will get me the results i'm looking for. But i'm affraid to get into trouble if I rent it too soon; since i'll most likely want it afterwards.

But I only have this lens in mind. I would have liked to consider a couple other comparable options before making that kind of purchase.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0