03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #519
lantzpw
lantzpw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
Sergej, aka *******, is a known reputable source of Navigation update FSC codes for far less than the dealers charge. I'd suggest contacting him directly for his pricing. Email is: *****************

I used him for my 2012 update and was very satisfied with the transaction.
I am new at this so bear with me.

I upgraded my 2011 535i north america CiC i-drive nav maps with help from Sergej. He provided me with the FSC code at a reasonable price and he also provided me with the torrent link to obtain the CiC north america maps. Both came by email. See the things to keep in mind below....this worked for me!!

Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. download a good software program for torrent downloads; I used uTorrent
2. open the link Sergej provides and the torrent will start downloading to your computer's hard drive; be patient, it is 22 gig and takes at least a day and a half
3. get a good quailty USB 3.0 32 gig stick (thumb drive, dongle...whatever); I paid about $18; plug it into a USB port on your computer; download a program called teracopy to your computer; copy and paste the down loaded torrent file to the USB drive; takes about 30 minutes
4. plug the USB drive into the glove box and turn on the cars accessories and in 30 minutes or so you will have new 2013 maps

Thanks Sergej....thanks very much!!
Appreciate 0