View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
Bob Shiftright
Save The Manuals!
Rep
Drives: E91 Schleppwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanquintinB View Post

Does the car satisfy in the "fun to drive" category? Thanks in advance.
Probably not as much fun as a motorcycle or a Caterham 7 -- but where could I put the "stuff" on trips to the Post Office or Grangier?

It's much more fun than E9x versions without the manual. I've driven more AT, non-ZSP service loaners than I can count, (including E91s and X1 wagons) -- and IMO the manual transmission and ZSP are the only things that make the headaches of BMW ownership worthwhile. I may even need to keep mine outside of warranty since BMW has dropped MT wagons/SUVs for the US market.

"Rich soccer moms" probably gravitate towards things like the Porsche Cayenne S. (AT only). Last I heard, BMW had only sold a few hundred MT wagons in the US annually, that's probably why they dropped that combination.
2008 E91 36K, 6-speed, RWD, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Lidatek, remote V-1, Cocomats, beach sand, $10 clutch stop mod. 1998 Volvo V70T5 226K, 5-speed, original clutch (third clutch pedal!), aspheric driver's mirror, E-code headlights, IPD sway bar, strut tower brace & skidplate.
Appreciate 0