View Single Post
      07-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Thanks, See5. Its not about replacing the brake pads, I can totally understand but I do need to know what else needs to be done upfront, and the dealer seems to have no clue either. I'm just glad the other issue - the coolant thing - happened while I was still in town, not on that long drive! It feels like things are waiting to fail one by one, and if I cant tell what needs replacing and neither can a dealer, thats unreliable - isn't it?

Its the combination of all these things, especially that grinding sound combined with the fact that the indy shop thinks it may have been involved in a frontal accident, WITH these niggles suddenly showing up.. feels very Un-Premuim. And my taking time off work for "car trouble" has gone beyond the office joke to "dont talk about it, poor guy" status . People genuinely hesitate to get into my car when going for team lunches and thats embarrassing!

Any suggestions what you would buy IF you were a not-very-handson guy like me, but who enjoys driving nevertheless?
Appreciate 0