View Single Post
      06-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
swordfish
Registered
Rep
Drives: 05 Tarmac Evo 8

Evo 8 to 335i ?'s

I hope that I am posting this in the right section but I figured this was the best place to get the technical questions answered properly.

I am very close to selling my beloved Evo for something more refined that can also be a fun track day car as well as a fun DD. I know that a mildly modified 335i will not be the car on the track that my modified Evo is, although I still think the 335i will be more than formidable with a proper tune, mild suspension and a set of R comps. I'm really just kinda tired of my Evo I guess. Pulling up to restaurants with the big 280 cams burbling away, the ride of the 10k/12k coilovers, the spartan interior and no cruise control on long rides and the road noise is just wearing on me I guess. The big ass spoiler bothered me the day I drove it off the lot. The next day it was at the body shop being removed. Maybe I'm just getting old.

What I would like to know from all of you is how do you feel about your cars. What are the problems with them? Do they have issues during track events like HPDE or NASA TT? I have my NASA competition and TT licenses although I only do a few events a year for fun and spend most of my time instructing, but I want to make sure the car will hold up to a decent amount of thrashing about on a road circuit. I dont want to have to deal with any big issues. My evo has been flawless at about 370whp for 2 years solid. I just change the oil, bleed the brakes, slap on the r comps and put gas in it. I'm hoping that enough of you that have been to a few track days can really set my mind at ease about this purchase.

Sorry for the long rambling post. Thanks for any input.

jeff
Appreciate 0