View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams330 View Post
Ya so this is my DD and I won't spend 1k on 5hp. I can gain more by secondary cat delete and get the same sound by opening the stock muffler and removing the packing inside.

This car will get modified stock air box, cat delete(maybe) and a dyno tune...thats it for this guy.

Everything else is to expensive. Its a 330i so it has the IM already. Stock 255hp. If I were to pursue the 300hp mark by cams, engine build, FI, or anything to that expense I would also need over 1k in an LSD and suspension work to be able to enjoy it. This is the best 255 hp I have ever driven (former 08 R32 owner) the vw was no comparison to the bimmer, this thing pulls so well for what it is.

So eventually I will buy and M car or build an LSx swap.
If you really want to improve performance light weight wheels and LSD are the best mods. I use ARC-8 17" 9.5 that weigh less than 17lbs and turn TC off when tracking. It is a completely different animal. I turn on DTC on street most of the time and the throttle response and shifting is so responsive and smooth.

In addition to LSD and wheels, SS headers are the best performance mod and a tune.
Appreciate 0