Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I like integrated mobile platforms personally. What I mean by that is I have an iPad, iPhone and iCloud. I buy/download an app, and it goes to all my devices. I take a picture, and it appears on all my devices. I surf a webpage on my iPhone, and I can pull up that website on my iPad via the cloud. The wife also has an iPhone, and we created a shared "Family" calendar so we can keep track of what each has planned, as well as our kids' schedule. I'm sure other platforms have that same capability, but I'm not sure. I do know the Apple version works pretty damn well.

So I'm pretty invested in the Apple platform. It's like choosing Canon or Nikon DSLRs. Once you have the expensive lenses, you stick with the brand for the camera bodies. Now, if you are just starting out, or aren't heavily invested into a certain platform (music, movies, apps, etc.), then changing it up is easy.

I think the Lumia 920 plus the new Surface tablet would be a great combo, as both are running Windows. I just have no idea how robust the App store for Microsoft is. I don't need a billion different apps, but I do need the ones I use the most. As far as I can tell, my most-used apps (productivity and games) are not available through Microsoft.

I also wish that Samsung and Nokia would use better materials in the body. I like aluminum and glass. Samsung and Nokia use "polycarbonate", which is really just fancy plastic.

In the end, it boils down to what YOU like and want. No need for fanboi-ism, either Apple, Samsung, Nokia or other. They all have excellent features, strengths and weaknesses. Decide for yourself which best meets your needs, and that's your phone.
This is the same reason for me. Not to mention that if it doesn't work for some reason you have recourse. When i pick up my apple devices they work. If they don't work, someone will fix them in short order.

I just recently upgraded my MBP that i use for work and personally. My previous MBP was produced in 2005. It' still going strong and only has experienced 2 issues. One issue was a $150 cost to repair and the other was $975 to repair. But both issues were know to Apple and because apple holds their suppliers accountable for the components, apple repaired both issues at no charge to me. I'm not 100% sure but i don't know of any stock 7 year old windows laptop that still works as well as that MBP does. It still works perfectly well, but for work i have exceeded it's capacity.

I heard similar stories about iPhones. Everyone i've heard of having issues with their phone has had it replaced.
+1

However, we have three iPads (each generation) 4 iPhones, a new MBP Retina Display, along with 4 Windows based laptops or ultra-books, and two crappy Blackberrys. One of the work Blackberrys will soon be phased out by the employer to an iPhone.

We too find the ease of use, sharing of movies, shows and songs across the Apple devices very convenient. Any issue with the Apple gear, it usually gets replaced at no charge. The windows stuff I have to pop the hood. Tired of popping the hood, used to be fun somewhat, not any longer.

I'm sure there are some great Android iPhone equivalents out there, but for us, doesn't make much sense moving away from a platform we all like and can share.
Appreciate 0