View Single Post
      09-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #72
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Sure here are the specs Adrian: http://www.bmw.com.au/faces/jModelCo...97&tab=Pricing

Basically: 250kw at 5,900 rpm (100rpm later than std N54)
and 500nm (from 1500 to 4500 rpm)

The DCT is also supposedly reprogrammed to provide more aggressive shifts, and the steering program is tightened too. Upgraded exhaust. I have one on order.

It makes it as fast as a manual M3. But tests have shown it to be faster, so I am guessing the power specs might be slightly underrated by BMW (I have read it runs up to 14psi boost).

WOPALX: btw a 335i coupe with auto weighs more than the Z4 35is DCT.

I suspect this is the level of tune they will use in the upcoming 1M.
Hi Alex,

There is some confusion here. In Australia I don't believe we have the 335iS. We only have the 335i. In USA and some other countries they have the S version. We support the S version and have special maps for it which only need to be slightly altered from the non S version because of our CAN integration we can respond to almost all the changes with the standard map, but the ignition target map it runs is different so we make a few changes for that.

So we support the higher spec S N54 tune. I am 99% sure the Z4 35iS runs exactly the same state of tune as the 335iS, and therefore we have full support for it already. I think you may have misread my earlier post.

Regards,

Adrian
Appreciate 0