View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Post VAC | Arkym AeroRace Carbon Fiber Roof Install - Rob's sick E90 330i

As most people here know, Rob is serious about light cars. He has had some serious performance cars over the years - and that shows when you look at his E90 330i. This is on of the sickest E90s to come through our shop - he already had carbon deck lid and hood, Advans, Stoptechs and race seats done. So, when he asked me about cutting out his stock roof (moonroof equipped of course) I knew he was serious.

Enter Arkym. Full carbon replacement roof for $1399 - nice. Since BMW never produced a carbon roof for an E90 this Arkym piece was a no brainer. All Arkym vacuum infused carbon fiber products are designed and produced in the USA. Huge weight savings, perfect fit.

Total weight savings ~ 50lbs.

Before pics:

Glass out:

Roof off:

Brace installed:

Roof on:

Per client request, we put the stock headliner back in, just locked the moonroof door and tightened up everything to ensure there were no squeaks/rattles etc.

1 day after picking up the car, Rob took the car to Lime Rock for a track event. The car was rock solid (as expected) and he was thrilled with the results. I trust he will post in here soon

I will have some good 'final' pics in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about this process or any Arkym products please call/email/PM/IM at any time. We are ready to do another

Mike
Appreciate 0