Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
I think it's really funny that people have already made deposits for the stage 3 and are standing in line like little kids waiting for the candy store to open for something that hasn't done anything but put up some nice dyno numbers.

I just wonder how long people will sit around waiting to get their kits and when they do get them, I wonder how long it is before they start having issues because no real testing was performed. We have NO 60-130 times. We have no 1/4 mile times. Will it even run a 1/2 mile without coding?

Other than making high HP truck turbos, what has Vargas done other than hop up his brother in-laws car? He talks about a HPFP, but has anyone other than him seen or used it? Do we have any real data regarding it? How long will it last before it fails?

Sorry if you're too stupid to not see the light at the end of the tunnel, but most of you bash Shiv about not providing ST quarter mile numbers and yet when Vargas puts a few nice dyno numbers on the forum you bow at his feet.

Just for once, take Shiv out of the picture and lets look at who really put the ST in to play, FFTEC. This company has a proven track record of making and testing high performance cars. So other than the fact they have been tuned with PROcede, why do you people hate on FFTEC?

Vargas knows better than to go head to head with FFTEC/Vishnu. Just look at the overlays. ST spools quicker and reaches peak torque quicker. Also stays nice and flat though the rpm range.

For everyone who has made a commitment, congrats. I hope this kit is everything you hoped for and more.
For large turbo kits like this I think many customers feel its less about getting it done right away and more about getting it done right. There are reasons people continue to run and favor twin turbo setups for street cars and this kit has shown in prototype form that it has a ton of potential. It certainly has FFTEC scrambling around putting on new larger turbos, etc, to stay relevant after only 3 dyno tests done with remote tuning. Once a few more of these kits are out on the road you'll see the tuning improve dramatically.

Mike
Tony's work has made Vishnu and FFTEC more transparent on the Internet, they are always working on the kits because they are constantly trying to improve a product as well as develop new ones. Sure it looks like scrambling from a computer screen and I understand that, but I can assure you, it wasn't magically "oh the competition is making power, better slap this turbo on and up the psi a little. Things have been planned since before Vargas had released any numbers. I know a lot of people like to think Tony started a massive fire, but these things were always coming, the Internet community just wasn't aware. This isn't to take away from Tony's accomplishments on furthering this platform big time with more options and a hpfp upgrade, I think what he has done for all of us is amazing and I applaud his efforts for what little time he's been working on our platform!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0