View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #4256
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeiourk View Post
I was going to get the 5DMkIII with 24-105 f/4 IS as the kit lens but didn't as I'm really aiming for the 24-70/70-200 combo. It would be a waste if I did. Plus, I need/want a larger aperture. I was going for the 24-70 f/4 IS and 70-200 f/4 IS combo, then get prime lenses for low lights/DOF but didn't really want to carry a lot, but with the f/2.8s, I wouldn't even consider primes as I've read that those zooms can pretty much compare to primes.

And thank you!

The rebates are still there. $2049 for the 24-70 f/2.8 at B&H. Probably the lowest I've seen. And yea, I have a shoot coming up and was planning to rent it first. Also, I kinda feel iffy about buying a used gear. I have never tried buying a used, and scared that I might get a bad copy of the lens.

Yea, I did consider it, especially the weight, but I always use a large aperture though. That's why I'm leaning towards the f/2.8.
If you are worried about bad copies, you should the seller send you uneditted samples with exif. At the very worst, you can usually get it serviced at canon very cheap if not free. I *think* every lens is given one free servicing.

I personally have bought my 17-40L 35L and 50L used from people and upon inspection and with image samples i haven't been disappointed.
Appreciate 0