N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpy18 View Post
Hi everyone.

I bought a 2006 325xi in September of 2011 and I bought it for $19k.

Now I am already getting a slight itch to get a new car. I have looked at Genesis Coupes, 135's and Maximas. Originally I didn't want to get a 335, (dumb right?) because it would've been too similar to my current car interior wise. Didn't see it being worth it.

But then I thought about it for a bit, and I am ready to get myself a 2008/2009 335 Coupe in White with Navigation, Premium seats and Cold Weather.

With Coral Red.

Should be pretty different in there now

First off, 2008 or 2009, which one and why?
2009 no doubt. 2009 introduced the new CIC idrive which is a definite upgrade. 2009 actually seems to be the sweet spot as that also seems to be when BMW started decontenting the cars in an attempt to keep the price down - my '09 already has the lighter plug under the glovebox deleted, but still has the nets on the back of the seats, all the anchors in the trunk, alarm prep, etc. that disappeared later on.

Quote:

Now should I sell it to a dealership or should I sell it privately? I have third party HID headlights and fogs, metal foot pedals, rear spoiler and WeatherTech digital fit floor mats (Will they fit the 335 coupe?) Should I sell it with these or strip the car out of everything I did to it?

And the best question of them all, automatic or manual in new york?

Thanks for reading
If you're asking, I think you want a manual. That seems to be the rule.

A 335 coupe will already have xenons so you don't need to worry about those. Pedals should fit. Spoiler will fit (assuming your current ride is a coupe.) Floor mats would fit only if your current car is a coupe and your hypothetical new 335 coupe is an xi like your current car.
Appreciate 0