06-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Yeah, I saw this as well. Nashin is new to me as well and if I am spending money on brakes, I want something that's been on the market for a while. You don't just show up on forums and start selling stuff that noone has heard of without proper testing. Brakes are critical safety component and I am extra cautious with it.

Nice suggestion though.
Hey mate here is some info from my Nashin BBK thread, that may be of interest to you.

The company behind Nashin brake components is S-Meng Industrial Co.,Ltd and was registered as a company in Taiwan in 1994, their first brake rotor was released to the public shortly thereafter. They were also the first Taiwanese company to produce a "floating" rotor.

The factory itself is very much a professional operation, all the components are assembled by hand and undergo rigorous QC checks prior to shipment.

Whilst it's true that their "Monobloc" caliper has only been available for a few years (2009 in fact), their 2-piece "Billet Forged" calipers and 2-piece "Floating" rotors have been available for many many years, as their R&D had focused primarily on race car application within Asia.

In recent years Nashin has worked very hard to develop an extensive range of components that allows for a direct fit, OE upgrade on a wide range of motor vehicles, as illustrated in their comprehensive 2012 application guide.

I have asked Peter the owner and Chief Mechanic of Advan performance, to chime in here when time permits.

He has not only installed many Nashin BBK's on purpose built high horespower Skyline GTR race cars over the last 5-6 years, but he has driven at numerous race tracks here in Aus' with all the big name brake kits under his foot, including Nashin of course.

I suspect all those punters that want Brembo, StopTech & AP Racing performance at considerably less cost, will find his circuit racing experinces with Nashin BBK's to be most interesting indeed.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-30-2012 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0