View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #121
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

As far as buying a supercharger goes... i'd more like compare the price to getting up to stock M3 performance vs stock 335 performance... cuz if you think about it... the M3 is upwards of +$22k more than a 325/330... if you throw in the right stuff in the engine bay, you can get 420hp without spending that much...

that's just the ENGINE performance aspect... to get a true M3 performance, well... you might as well just get an M3 - better suspension, better drivetrain, better aesthetics (already comes widebody)...

If you cut out the Labor costs and just invest in the materials and do most of the suspension and body work yourself, you can shave off a couple of grand... but performance parts alone will break your wallet trying to get to M3...

The trend seems to be though comparing the NA N52 --> supercharged to the FI N54 because they would both be Forced Induction in the end... simply put... if you want that, just go with a 335. For the sake of this thread, though, is to see how far you can push the performance of the E90 N51/N52.

As for myself... i'll be working on other projects first before a $8k supercharger would be an option... i'd rather do my custom body work and transmission upgrade first before i dive into Force Induction.
Maybe if i'm lucky and get stationed in San Diego in a year or so, MMW could sponsor me a supercharger! ^__^ (hint - hint)
Appreciate 0