View Single Post
      01-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #116
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Mikes car is indeed fubar'd not from any of the tuning or modifications done, but from the regularity of race gas being used. Front o2 sensors are fouled and need replacement. I and a couple others have went through this problem in the past and can attest to the fact that the car falls on its face before it gains any boost when the o2s are fouled. He was telling people at the event that they were fouled. I think it was poor judgement on his part to be pushing his car at all in its current state.

My car right now is getting over a bad tank of gas and I have been babying it for the past 200-300 miles. You wouldn't see me race anyone unless my car was in good condition. The main reason being threads like this.. what he has failed to realize just yet is that when you affiliate yourself with a company you are now under the microscope.

And the world record run posted on dragtimes was not on spray. Anyone that was hands on with the build or was around during it knows this. Why would one of his "friends" tell people that he was spraying the car unless he was actually was?. It just doesn't make sense. Get over it guys.
Did you inspect the gas? Was there a wideband in the car we can see? Tuners have been doing this for decades... putting race gas in cars and pulling big dyno numbers / posting low slip times. Why? Well, in a community where people will buy a kit that produces the most power / fastest slip, then you stand to gain a lot as a tuner if you can make the most power. Remember you cannot re-invent the wheel.
Appreciate 0