08-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #1684
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Nerdist View Post
Greg,

I ordered Menzerna Super Finish Polish SF 4000 (PO106FA) & Super Intensive Polish SI 1500. I have a jet black BMW with some bad swirls, minor scratches, and etching. I've been reading where the jet black is soft. Would using the Super Intensive Polish with an orange pad and the Super Finish with a white pad be too aggressive? Its been a few years since I've done this and it was last on an Atlanta Blue Z with no problems. This is my first time working on this car and it doesn't look like its ever been worked on before. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Nerdist View Post
Another thing, and sorry for the multiple postsā€¦using the Flex machine and the Super Intensive Polish with an orange pad and Super Finishing Polish and the White pad, what speed setting would you recommend? I'm afraid to crank it up at the risk of damaging anything.
You can use the SI1500 on your paint, but I'd probably go down in the pads just a little bit. For the Jet Black BMW paint I would recommend the green/pink pads with the SI1500, follow that up with the SF4000 and a black pad. This combo would be less likely to cause hazing and leave the finish with more shine! As always when testing new combos do them on a small section first to ensure you are satisfied before doing the whole vehicle.

For the Flex start off polishing around speed 3 - 4 and move up only if needed. Again test the speeds on one area and ensure you like the results. Good luck and thank you for the purchase!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0