03-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #54
jigga
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
I always wonder how many of these things sold as new are really refurbished stuff they buy... It's the too good to be true saying that worries me...

I see on a couple of sites they sell for $140 US new...

exactly. thats how much i see them selling for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Hey Jigga, is your vendor an authorized vendor of these subs? You feel comfortable that this stuff he's selling is totally new and comes with mfr warranty?

I might be in if that's the case...

I can't remember how you choose between the 4 and 2 ohm subs. I think the older model cars should use 4 ohm? My car came with the LOGIC7 Sound System (11 speakers, including 2 subwoofers, 420 W amplifier, 7-band equalizer, and LOGIC7 signal processing with switchable surround modes). It's a 2008 335 convertible.

Also, there's models SWS-8 and SWS-8Xi. Which model and impedence should I get?
as for the vendor, you can check out their web site: http://www.caraudiocraze.com/

i dont know if he's an authorized vendor but im pretty sure they are brand new and not refurb. he had told me that the 2 ohm versions were on national back order and as such they didnt have any stock between december and march. i actually emailed Earthquake myself and the sales rep confirmed that the 2 ohms were out of stock across the country... so my vendor is pretty legit.

the impedance you get depends on which amp u use and how u will wire everything. do a search and you will see lots of threads on this topic. i'm going to wire in stereo to an amp that i have and will use the 2 ohms.
Appreciate 0