Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciomas View Post
Im still trying to sort out a problem with the brakes so Ive been putting off the proper review untill all is good and I can really push it.. also at the track.

However, very briefly I need to admit it is a big improvement. Especialy with the rear. Just to give everyone a sense of how soft the ohlins suplied springs were - I did experience rubbing in the back with a 15mm spacer !
unacceptable!

When on old springs, I had the suspension set at 3/4 on the stiffer side. It proved to be a bit too rough with new swift springs (392/784) on a daily basis. It is set right in the middle of the scale now and feels just right.
Thanks for your thoughts on this, that is quite interesting.

I've only got the Öhlins kit installed a few weeks ago and haven't been able to drive much (and my car has been in the garage again for two weeks lately), let alone get it onto a track. But so far the out-of-the-box version of it seems really fine. It's much more comfortable than the Bilstein B16 I had previously, while still being fantastic in handling. Totally unperturbed if you throw it into corners fast or do some quick manoeuvres involving direction changes. For now I don't feel that I have to upgrade the rear springs in particular, but we'll see in a few months once I've been to the track a few times.

Alpina_B3_Lux