View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip@bmpdesign View Post
Your stock struts will be fine with H&R sport springs. The difference between a sport strut and a heavy duty or stock strut is the stiffness and that a sport strut has a shorter piston so that it doesn't damage the strut if or when it bottoms out since it is more likely to bottom out with shorter springs.
Understood.

Actually used to have a Mitsubishi eclipse with H&R sport springs and didnt change my structs (even though I should have)

You are saying the H&R springs don't make THAT much of a difference and the "travel" in the OEM BMW sport structs is good enough for the lowered the H&R springs provide?

What other good options are out there? Not looking to slam my car OR spend 1000's on a coilover system, etc. Just a mild drop for a reasonable price.