10-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #66
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I love this thread. I am canceling my warranty with BMW now they have replaced my Turbos and I need to be on top of things to prevent failures. I have a good indie but I will try and do most things my self.
I have just filled out the Bavarian Otto’s Ultimate Maintenance Schedule...

I am at 64,000 miles and 6 years old. My car has been in and out for servicing for BMW...
Everything honestly looks fine and they haven't brought anything up that requires attention.

Is it worthwhile sorting the following?
Fuel filter
Accessory drive belts
Coolant hoses
Oxygen sensors

I think I need to do my automatic transmission fluid, BUT do you think they changed that when the dropped my engine out the car to do my turbos?

Btw what is a charcoal canister....

Thanks for all who have contributed to this thread.
I am guessing that you have an n54 ? Well the usual thing that everyone says to check on n54s are the fuel and water pump ( around 70k and 100k), check the fuel filter at 100k, the drive belts around 60k and once again at 100k, o2 sensors (oxygen) at 100-150k and I'm not to sure about coolant hoses, id say check every yearor signs of cracking.

I doubt they changed your transmission oil for kicks, bmw is very cheap and didn't even want to change my break-in fluids when I bought the car. I forgot where I read but at 1500, the dealership has to do a complete flush of all fluids to get all the metals out of the engine, transmission, and differential. Bmw's transmission oil is for a "lifetime" but in car terms, that means 100k. Just make sure when you do change your oil though, you add a few drops of mineral oil and a few drops of assembly lube in your rear diff. Oil stabilizer works too
Btw, I have no clue what a charcoal canister is lol
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0