View Single Post
      01-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #29
zigsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92; 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i101 View Post
Also it will get worse....when I first bought the car it was tolerable on the passenger side, then it became ice-cold and then the drivers side started getting cold....

That is when I took it to the dealer (had previously had Indy work on it for 6 hrs and worked on it myself)

Dealer said all electronics and "flappers" were all good....

Assuming it is the core, my question is this, Is this a repair I can do at home? I am a well qualified mechanic (with vehicles and aircraft) just not certified. I have always worked on, modified, and repaired all of my vehicles and I have the entire TIS for the E90. I am fully cable of this repair, however, the software/programming issue concerns me. I have limited software for the car "BavarianTechnic" which is great for diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle but I worry that I may need a full "reprogram" after removing and reinstalling the stereo, instrument cluster, airbags, steering column...etc. If after I complete this, am I going to be stuck with a very large, very expensive paper weight that I will need to have towed to a dealer to have it reprogrammed?
Appreciate 0