Thread: Watches
View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #389
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

After getting into fine watches, I now know there's many watches nicer or better than Rolex, but for me it gets into a funny area where I want to wear a nice watch, but I don't want to have to worry too much about scratching or damaging and ruining it's worth. Rolex has great resale value (my Sub went up in value the year I owned it by $6-700), I don't mind the recognition, and at under $10K I can live with daily wearing without worrying about damaging something that's worth more than most nice used cars.

There's a bunch of other watches I'd like to own, but I still love my first watch (Submariner) and looking forward to getting my Sea Dweller. I think the SD will wear better on my wrist, and I also like that it doesn't have the cyclops magnifier. Being discontinued, I bet the Sea Dweller does nothing but go up in value as well. Money in the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Lol, so true

Lol, interesting comparison.

Overall, ihave to say, I don't like rolex's on my wrist, I just don't think they look good. However, I do respect them as a brand and think they have smart branding.

I just feel my money is better spent on other brands for my personal taste.

As for the breitling avenger with diamonds, I think the diamond work on it is more fitting to the brand. I've seen lots of diamond encrusted rolex's over the years and always thought they looked like afterthoughts by the brand. As for the modified ones, I might be tempted to say, better then what Rolex does, but still not my cup of tea if I wanted a diamond watch. I'd probably go for the modded breitling first, it just seems to flow better. (Mostly because I'm just not a Rolex fan)
Appreciate 0