United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Hansson View Post
Hi, this car belongs to a friend of me, it's an E90 built June 2005
Lately he had some issues with rough idling during cold starts.
I deleted his adaptations using INPA on the "adaptation 2" page using the F6 "All adaptations" button.
I'm not sure if I should also touch the adaptations under the "adaptation 1" page? (He did have his spark plugs replaced by someone who probably did not clear any adaptations...)

While I was in INPA I noticed under the user information field that all modules where updated when he requested a software update through BMW, except his EKP & KOMBI modules.
Now the former really makes me scratch my head because I think that should always be updated together with DDE?
Also strange is the fact that those two modules are separated by a week in their original coding dates in 2005...
Any idea why it is like this? Should it be safe to update these modules with WinKFP?

Here is a printout of his modules using INPA: http://hem.spray.se/hanzzzon/UIF-IDENT.png
There may not have been an update to flash unto the KOMBI or EKP. I don't think there's ever been a software update for my KOMBI or EKP since my car was built in 04/2005. But everything else has been updated (I'm running 2.49.4 currently).
Appreciate 0