View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

If you asked this question 20 years ago, I would have answered like this: remember that you're talking about comparing 2 Jags. That's 2 cars that although on the surface may be very similar in weight, engine size/power/mapping etc are actually both made from completely different selections from the parts bin.

As you're actually talking about 2 new Jags which are probably made of a mixture of BMW, Mondeo and French car parts.... I've honestly no real idea.

Going back to my first point, perhaps it has something to do with part of the increase in performance coming from a mixture of reduced weight and better components (ie where an intake is made of carbon instead of plastic, perhaps it is also better machined, for example) which would (in my opinion) be likely to result in better MPG's.

In short... Perhaps your old and more bog standard XKR was made from Friday afternoon parts, wheras this flagship XKR-S is made from sexier stuff, both in terms of its weight and build quality.

Just some random words strung together by my brain. Ignore if not suitable/relevant.

Matt
Appreciate 0